At the start of every new topic, we will be sending home a Knowledge Organiser. This is a single page document that lists the important facts that children should know by the end of a topic. It is the minimum that needs to be known, rehearsed and stored over time in the long-term memory. They should be viewed as the starting point for the topic being learnt. Over the topic the children will learn at a deeper and wider level, using skills and experiences to enhance learning.
How can they be used at home?
1. These can be used as conversation starters with your children to find out what they have learnt at school.
2. Support children in carrying out their own research around the topics.
3. Visit your local library, museums and trips to explore the topic.
4. Become familiar with the key text, ensure a shared vocabulary.
5. Learn the specific vocabulary and definitions/ examples.
6. Self-quiz at home.
Knowledge Organisers will be sent home with your child, shared on class pages on the school website and on Seesaw.